So you’re getting married?! Congratulations! We know you want to make your wedding as special as possible and you would probably like to keep the festivities affordable as well! One way to add that extra special touch, without breaking the budget (yes we’re serious!), is to craft your very own wine. Add your own personal touch with a custom label on every bottle! Your custom wine is great to serve at your reception or as a gift for your guests to take-home.
The question is, where do we start?! With so many wines to choose from, selecting a wine or wines that will complement your meal and that your guests will love can be a bit daunting. Don’t worry though! We’re here to help! We’re wine lovers and many of us have been in this industry for over 15 years.
Your next question might be, when should we make our wine? You will most likely find your wine quite enjoyable on the day it’s bottled. We recommend, however, that you leave whites about two to three months and reds at least four months before serving them at your wedding. Just like commercial wine, your crafted wine will get better with age! On top of the aging time, it can take four to eight weeks to make your wine; our most popular wedding wines take six weeks. With that in mind, you will want to give yourself five to six months (ideally) to prepare your wedding wine.
Your last question is probably, “how much wine do we need?” These amounts can vary, but the guidelines below provide a good estimate.
- Calculate how many people will be drinking at the event.
- Multiply this number by four (this is the maximum number of standard drinks per person you will need).
- Divide number of standard drinks by five per bottle
- Divide number of bottles by 30 to determine the number of batches and then round up
- 100 wine drinking guests
- 100 x 4 standard drinks = 400 standard drinks
- 400 / 5 (5 glasses per 750ml bottle) = 80 bottles of wine
- 80/30 750ml bottles per batch = 2.67 or 3 batches of wine will be needed
Therefore, you could make one batch of red wine, one batch of white wine, and one batch of rosé wine.
The last step is to get in touch with us and let us show you how we can help you craft your very own custom wedding wine! You can get in touch with us by CLICKING HERE.
We can’t wait to hear from you!